The One Club for Creativity today announced John Hunt, co-founder of internationally recognized South African agency TBWAHuntLascaris, Global Creative Chair, TBWAWorldwide, is among the first group of creative leaders who will be inducted into its prestigious Creative Hall of Fame in October.
The Creative Hall of Fame has a rich heritage of honoring the lifetime achievements of creative luminaries in all forms of advertising and design, starting with the induction of Leo Burnett in 1961.
Other initial inductees are:
- Joe Duffy, branding and design innovator, Founder, Chairman, Duffy & Partners;
- Cheryl D. Miller, graphic designer, writer, artist, theologian, and decolonizing historian known for her contributions to racial and gender equality in the graphic design field.
- Nancy Vonk and Janet Kestin, former co-Chief Creative Officers at Ogilvy Toronto, Co-founders of the Swim leadership lab;
- Carol H. Williams, President, CEO, Chief Creative Officer and owner, Carol H. Williams Advertising, the longest-running US independent multicultural agency;
Educators Hall of Fame
- Ron and Pippa Seichrist, Cofounders, Miami Ad School
Additional inductees will be announced shortly.
The black-tie Creative Hall of Fame induction ceremony, which is a fundraising gala to support The One Club’s many global DEI programs, will take place on the evening of October 27, 2022, at Tisch Skylights at The Shed, Hudson Yards in New York.
Inductees are nominated and voted on by The One Club Board of Directors. Criteria for being considered is three-fold:
- Impact — Those who have a celebrated body of work. This includes work that has been recognized as the best in the industry over multiple years for multiple brands, can be considered truly innovative and original in thinking and execution, and has an undeniable lasting impact.
- Influence — Those who have used their creativity and leveraged their resources to advance the industry and serve the greater good.
- Inspiration — Those who have had a measurable, positive effect on the next generation of creative leaders, and are known industry-wide as mentors, door-openers, and opportunity-creators.
“The Creative Hall of Fame is the ultimate recognition of a storied career of a visionary creative professional,” said Kevin Swanepoel, CEO, The One Club. “John Hunt is an ad legend and global creative leader who has helped transform the industry, uplift underrepresented groups, and continues to inspire the next generation of creative thinkers and doers.”